Monday, September 19, 2011

MY AMAZING SEAMSTRESS!!!

Wihout Kandie, there would be no SKITES!!!!!  A HUGE thank you to my friend and seamstress!!!!!  When I designed the SKITE, I said to myself, "Hey....I can make these...no problem......I took sewing lessons when I was 12 years old.....easy breezy".....So I go online, order a sewing machine(BIG mistake) purchase some "practice fabric" and eagerly await the delivery of my machine....OK, it arrives, I sit down to sew(can barely even thread the needle with my 2.0 reading glasses!) and 4 grueling hours later, I produce a bunched up, uneven, rag tag excuse for a SKITE!  I wanted to cry!!!   Instead, I laughed and began my search for an accomplished seamstress.  This road was long and circuitous, but I ultimately found Kandie and she ROCKS, ROCKS, ROCKS!!!!!!!   In addition to sewing SKITES, she does a fabulous job as head of the Golden Retriever Rescue.....there is always an extra dog around her house......she has two of her own!!!!!!  She also does upholstery, slipcovers....any kind of sewing...she does it!!  Her range of talent never ceases to amaze me!  Best of all.....she has a smile on her face ALWAYS and a wonderful sense of humor!  I am blessed to have her in my life!   THANK YOU, KANDIE!!!!

(Anybody want to buy a sewing machine used ONE TIME????)

No comments:

Post a Comment