Sunday, May 29, 2011

New Leaf!!!!!

OK.....I'm turning over a new leaf!  I'm going to blog every single day!  One of my majors was English, so, of course, I'm a frustrated writer anyway!!!!!   I'm actually working on a book, THE FIFTH GRADE DOOR...I've written one chapter, but hey....that's a whole other story for another day!!!!!!

HAVE to write about my new friend, Marianna.  Oh my goodness gracious......10 years old and absolutely adorable.  My dear friend, Helena, has purchased several skites and looks like five million dollars in them!  Marianna asked Helena if she could purchase a skite for her mother, Marley, for Mother's Day!  (When Helena told me a friend of hers wanted one, I had no idea the friend was 10!!!!)  I was late delivering the skite and Helena told me her friend was getting very worried about not having it in time for Mother's Day.  I sheepishly showed up and met my new client, Marianna.  Have you every had a little girl just capture your heart instantly????  Well, she did!  I told her how wonderful I thought it was that she was giving her Mom such a nice gift.  She told me she went to work with her Mom (who is a housekeeper) every Saturday so that she could save enough money to get her this gift!   How sweet is that???????   Marianna was so excited that her Mom looked so adorable in the skite, and of course, I was about to cry!!!!  I knew it was important for her to make this purchase, but I did ask Marianna to allow me to make a skite for her.  She said that would be great and lime green was her favorite color.  She wanted the tights to be white and short, for summer.  Although I couldn't find a lime green, I do think she was excited about having her own skite.  All of us plan to get together for lunch next week!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment